5th Core Course:Site Management Planning and Management of Conservation Projects for professionals
09 June 2013
A Core Course on (Site Management Planning and Management of Conservation Projects for Professionals) was held between 09.06.2013 and 27.08.2013 in the Old City of Nablus in partnership with Al-Najah University.
Six international and eight local experts participated in the training of various subjects within the course. The course was attended by 8 trainees. The theoretical section of the course included the following topics:
• Introduction to the principles of architectural preservation, documentation and registration and information management.
• Techniques and materials used in historic buildings in terms of: characteristics, scientific investigations and assessment of the condition of the buildings.
• Introduction to historical development in the Old City of Jerusalem
• Documenting and recording architectural heritage
• Introduction to the structural analysis of historic building